Gen 3 Portals are Geared for All
Geared for all means you’re in control of your torque, your power, and your ride. With 4” Gen 3 portals, you can choose either a 15% or 30% gear reduction. That means you get the right amount of torque for your tire size and your Polaris Ranger XP 1000 rides just the way you want it to. It’s not one size fits all—it’s a custom fit for your custom ride.
GDP—the Most Trusted Name in Portals
No matter your style, you can count on a GDP Portal Gear Lift to get you through the worst trails, deepest mud, and hardest riding. When you’re running portals, your part of a group of thousands of riders with hundreds of hours on their portals—more riders roll on GDP Portals than any other portal system. They’re the most used, most real-world proven UTV portals on the planet. If you want portals you can trust, you want GDP.
Perfect for Mud
Portals plus mud equals perfection. 4” portals with a gear reduction cruises over and plows through mud with enough torque to take home the bounty. With that much torque, you can roll on some big tires and keep your power to the ground.
A Gear Reduction That Protects Your Drivetrain
Normal gear reductions go in the transmission—portal gear reductions go in the hub. Putting it in the hub means your entire drivetrain works less and wears less. And portals maintain factory suspension geometry. That means less stress on your axles, differential, prop shafts, and transmission. You can’t beat it.
Learn more about how tire size and gear reduction can unleash your machine’s potential.
Unmatched Gear Material
Our precision-ground, 9310 alloy steel gears are as good as they get. They mate perfectly every time so you get super smooth, super quiet portals. They’re top-of-the-line gears that are built for the worst you and your Ranger can do. Don’t hold back, these gears are built for it.
Stronger Housings by Design
We wrote the book on strong portal boxes. We’ve got the engineering experience, the ride experience, and thousands of portal owners that prove that our boxes give you peak performance. Whether you choose cast or USA-made 6061 billet aluminum, you’re getting trail-proven strength that can’t be beat.
- Our housings are reinforced in all the right places
- They’re built with better oil flow and gearing forces in mind
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good—we know because we tested them
The Strongest Portal Backing Plates You Can Get
Our backing plates use an advanced steel alloy that’s formulated for high-stress, high-octane applications—and it’s perfect for portals. It’s stronger than chromoly steel and at 5/16” thick, you can count on it getting you through the deepest mud holes and over the nastiest rock gardens. We give you nothing less than the best.
Advanced Gaskets and Seals
Whether you go with cast or billet, both housings use:
- Advanced Thermo-Tork® gaskets with excellent oil resistance and a lower deterioration rate than Kevlar gaskets
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
Bearings That Rock
We strive for the strongest and best portals on the planet, and that means we don’t skimp on bearings either. Our output bearing is a double-angular contact bearing that can take huge loads in any direction without wearing prematurely. That means stumps, rocks, and logs won’t be bustin’ these boxes. Our idler gear uses bulletproof roller bearings because we know how much work that gear really does. Every last part of GDP is built for battle.
Universal Hubs and Slotted Rotors
Our precision-ground, stainless steel slotted rotors stay cool to give you the braking power you need when you need it. They come with 4/156, 4/137, 4/115, and 4/110 bolt patterns and lugs—you can fit wheels built for almost any side-by-side on these hubs. We invented the tapered output shaft that our hubs attach to. It provides a more secure lock that won’t wobble or wear over time.
Top-Rated Customer Service
Still need a little help getting exactly what you need? We’ve got a dedicated team just for portal support. Give us a call so we can get the perfect set of portals in your hands today.
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 : 2017+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Crew : 2017+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Northstar Edition : 2017+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Northstar Edition Crew : 2017+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Back Country : 2019
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Back Country Crew : 2019
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Texas Edition : 2020+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Texas Edition Crew : 2020+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 High Lifter : 2017+
- Polaris Ranger XP 1000 High Lifter Crew : 2017+
NOTE: Frame stiffener does NOT fit High Lifter Edition
- Available with billet or cast aluminum housing
- Cool, quiet, precision ground gears made from 9310 alloy billet steel
- 1.5 in. diameter 4340 hardened steel drive shaft
- Housings use Thermo-Tork® gaskets that don’t let anything through
- Universal hub fits all major bolt patterns
- Gear reduction reduces stress on your drivetrain
- Weighs 194 lb. total, which is 50+ lb. lighter than competition
- 14” or larger wheel required
- Cannot exceed 5” backspacing
- Not compatible with dual beadlock wheels
|4” Portal Gear Lift Includes:|
|(4) Assembled portal hub boxes complete with 9310 gears, seals, output shaft, Thermo-Tork® gaskets, and thrust bearings|
|(4) Universal hubs and precision-ground stainless steel slotted rotors with lugs|
|(4) Specialized steel alloy backing plates|
|(4) Steel caliper mounting plates|
|(2) Steel steering arms|
|Extended brake lines|
|All required hardware, including recessed castle nut socket|
|Polaris Ranger XP 1000 Portal Gear Reduction Recommendations<|