Gen 3 Portals Are Geared for All
You don’t ride your Commander exactly the same as anybody else, that’s why GDP Portals are geared for all. You get to choose whether you need a 15% or 30% gear reduction, and you get to choose whether you want a cast or billet housing. We don’t put you in a box. Love big tires and big mud holes? Go 30%. Prefer keeping your suspension closer to stock and hitting the trails? Try 15%. Ride the way you want where you want. GDP will take you there.
GDP—the Most Trusted Name in Portals
No matter how you choose to ride, one thing is clear, you want to ride on the most trusted portal system you can get. More people roll on GDP portals than any other portal system, so you can bet they’re trail proven and rider approved.
Perfect for Mud
If you love getting down and dirty in some mud hole, you owe it to yourself to do it with a set of GDP Portals installed. With boosted torque and more clearance for those mud tires you love, it’s no wonder that GDP dominates every mud park you go to.
A Gear Reduction That Protects Your Drivetrain
Portals put their gear reduction right in the hub. At the same time that it’s boosting your torque, it’s also protecting your drive train. It reduces stress on your axles, differential, prop shaft, and transmission so you can ride harder than stock and do less damage than stock.
Learn more about how tire size and gear reduction can unleash your machine’s potential.
Unmatched Gear Material
Top-of-the-line portals require top-of-the-line gears. GDP uses precision ground 9310 alloy steel gears that mate perfectly each and every time. That means they’re super smooth, super quiet, and won’t break when you have the pedal floored.
Stronger Housings by Design
We make our housings the strongest housings you can get with clever design, smart manufacturing, and careful assembly. We have the experience to make both our cast aluminum and USA-made billet aluminum housings strong because we’ve already made, and sold, tens of thousands of them. We know what works and what doesn’t—there’s no guesswork here.
- Our housings are reinforced in all the right places
- They’re built with better oil flow and gearing forces in mind
- There are no gimmicks and no vents because vents do more harm than good—we know because we tested them
The Strongest Portal Backing Plates You Can Get
The advanced steel alloy that we use in our portal backing plates is stronger than chromoly. With 5/16” thick plates and gussets, you can be sure that these plates will hold your suspension and hub together, and that they won’t bend or break when you’re out on your weekend ride.
Advanced Gaskets and Seals
Whether you go with cast or billet, both housings use:
- Advanced Thermo-Tork® gaskets with excellent oil resistance and a lower deterioration rate than Kevlar gaskets
- A sealed input gear and double-lipped output seal
- 100% sealing coverage throughout so you can forget about oil leaks
Bearings That Rock
Even our bearings are top-notch because we know every which way a portal can fail. That’s why we use a double-angular contact bearing as our output bearing. It’s designed to keep your output shaft running true under heavy load and extreme abuse. Our idler bearings are super tough roller bearings because we know how much force they see internally. Don’t settle for less—bad bearings mean a busted box.
Universal Hubs and Slotted Rotors
Our precision-ground, stainless steel slotted rotors keep their cool no matter how wild you get. They’re designed to give you the braking power you need, as soon as you need it. We also include universal hubs, just to make things easier on you. With 4/156, 4/137, 4/115, and 4/110 bolt patterns and lugs, you’re free to run just about any size ATV wheel you can find. We also invented the tapered output shaft that our hubs attach to. It gives you a more secure lock that won’t wobble or wear over time.
Extended Trailing Arms Designed for Rhino Axles
These portals come with 4” extended rear trailing arms. That extended wheelbase gives you more stability and clearance for larger tires, and the trailing arms come complete with all bearings. Because of that longer wheelbase, these portals require Rhino or Rhino 2.0 axles. They’re built for the high articulation you get with a longer wheelbase, and their chromoly shaft and CV joints make them super strong and durable for any riding application.
Top-Rated Customer Service
Still need a little help getting exactly what you need? We’ve got a dedicated team just for portal support. Give us a call so we can get the perfect set of portals in your hands today.
|4” Portal Gear Lift Includes:|
|(4) Assembled portal hub boxes complete with 9310 gears, seals, output shaft, Thermo-Tork® gaskets, and thrust bearings|
|(4) Universal hubs and precision-ground stainless steel slotted rotors with lugs|
|(2) Specialized steel alloy backing plates|
|(4) Steel caliper mounting plates|
|(2) Caliper adapter plates|
|(2) Steel steering arms|
|(2) 4” extended rear trailing arms with backing plates|
|Extended brake lines|
|All required hardware, including recessed castle nut socket|
NOTE: Rhino or Rhino 2.0 Axles required.
|Can-Am Commander Portal Gear Reduction Recommendations|
|Tire Size||Required Suspension Setup with 4" Portals||Recommended 4" Portal Gear Reduction|
|Up to 29"||Stock||15%|
|30" to 32"||1.5" Forward Front A-Arms||15%|
|30" to 32"||2.5" Lift Kit||15%|
|33" to 36"||1.5" Forward Front A-Arms and 2.5" Lift Kit||30%|
|Gear reductions listed are general guidelines to maintain factory top speed. Installing a larger than recommended gear reduction will result in extra torque and lower top speed. Give us a call for more information.|
Can-Am Commander 4" Portal Gear Lift
Kit 1 Will Fit:
- Can-Am Commander 800 : 2011-2015
- Can-Am Commander 1000 : 2011-2015
Kit 2 Will Fit:
- Can-Am Commander 1000 Max: 2014-2015
Kit 3 Will Fit:
- Can-Am Commander 800 : 2016+
- Can-Am Commander 1000 : 2016+
Kit 4 Will Fit:
- Can-Am Commander 800 Max : 2016+
- Can-Am Commander 1000 Max : 2016+
- Can-Am Commander 800 : 2011+
- Can-Am Commander 1000 : 2011+
- Can-Am Commander 800 Max : 2016+
- Can-Am Commander 1000 Max : 2014+
- Not compatible with SuperATV 6" lift kit
- Not compatible on Commanders with factory air shocks
- Requires Rhino or Rhino 2.0 axles
- Available with billet or cast aluminum housing
- Cool, quiet, precision ground gears made from 9310 alloy billet steel
- 1.5 in. diameter 4340 hardened steel drive shaft
- Housings use Thermo-Tork® gaskets that don’t let anything through
- Universal hub fits all major bolt patterns
- Gear reduction reduces stress on your drivetrain
- Weighs 194 lb. total, which is 50+ lb. lighter than the competition
- 14” or larger wheel required
- Wheels cannot exceed 5” backspacing
- Not compatible with dual beadlock wheels